June 23, 2009

Baby's First Summer

I hope you didn’t think that in all the sewing for Little Miss Lou I forgot about Baby B. No, siree! I couldn’t possibly forget about sewing something special for that sweet, smily baby’s first summer. In fact, I started making her outfits way back in March during our last snowstorm of the winter season.

playsuits

The must-have summer outfit for kids of all ages is the Oliver + S playsuit. It’s such a must-have that not one, but two, were needed. I know I’ve said how much I love it before but every time I make another I feel the love all over again.

comfy jumper dress + bloomers

The next outfit I made for her was the comfy jumper dress with matching gingham bloomers. I hadn’t actually intended on making her a dress this summer. Then I posted my first comfy jumper dress and the e-mail arrived. My sister was in love and couldn’t say enough kind words about it. Uh-oh. I couldn’t resist that. There is no possible way I could deny my sister or baby niece an extra bit of handmade lovely. And the fact that she looked adorable in it with her baby blues shining was just icing on the (ice cream) cake.

No comments: