February 22, 2008

I get it, it's winter

This winter is the one I'll be referring to when I tell my hypothetical future children about what life was like before them:

Remember our first house, the one with the really steep driveway? One winter, before you were even a glimmer in our eyes, we got about a thousand feet of snow. It seemed like it snowed every day. Your dad and I would drive home from work and pray that the plow had been by so we could make it up the hill. We'd park at the bottom of the driveway and walk up. It was impossible to park in that Everest of a driveway without shoveling. If we were lucky we'd be able to pull in after we cleared every molecule of snow and then salted and sanded it. Can you believe that by the end of February we'd used nearly 50 pounds of both salt and sand?

Off to shovel and then curl up on the sofa with some hot tea and my Quilting Bee Stitchette which just arrived in the mail.

No comments: