February 8, 2008

Ready for the weekend

sewing table
Not much crafting has been going on chez moi this week. Lots of planning, some organizing of materials and on-line fabric shopping but no actual completed project. Well, that's not entirely true; I did finish up a Stitchette that I started embroidering over a year ago. I had grand plans to make a Stitchette quilt a la Don't Call Me Becky for my niece but at the rate I'm going she's likely to receive it for her high school graduation. I'm sure it will look great in her dorm room.

I recently bought a new table for my sewing machine from IKEA. Technically it's a dining room table, but it doesn't take up much space and, when expanded, it has quite a large working area. Versatile and much more stylish than many of the "sewing tables" I've seen around. The bench is from my vintage Singer cabinet. It used to have a hideous brown vinyl seat that would stick to my legs in the summer but I recently recovered it with fabric. It's very comfortable, I hope I have it forever.

Our weekend plans involve lots of sandpaper, paint and a little sewing. Hopefully we're getting closer to an "after" photo of the condo kitchen. Enjoy your weekends!

No comments: