April 21, 2008

A girl has to eat

Don't panic
Is it just me, or is time moving at warp speed these days? I was in Chicago for work earlier this month and actually managed to take my embroidery with me, work on it and take a photo for a blog post and then never managed to post it. I even had a great anecdote about how my scissors were nearly confiscated during the security check, but now that it's two weeks later it's not as interesting. It was pretty exciting there for a few minutes when I had to go into the little cubicle to have my bag searched, trust me.

The Stitchettes continue to keep me busy and I might even end up with enough to make a quilt. Have you seen the tulip fairy? Love her. I have a couple of sewing projects in the works but I've got a final exam in three weeks so I've had to push things to the back burner. Except for the gift I have planned for a baby shower that I'm attending in two weeks, I have to get that done in time. Actually, I have to start it and then get it done. Yeah, I shouldn't really be blogging right now.

As usual, having too much on my plate makes me think about what should be on my plate. Food, that is. I recently bought Bill's Open Kitchen and am finding it very inspiring. Everything is so fresh and simple. Tonight I made the chickpea stew and it is now my new favorite. So, so good and it only took 30 minutes from start to finish, including putting some rice in the rice cooker and a piece of salmon in the oven. I also made a quick marinade using parsley, garlic, olive oil, salt and black pepper in my mini food processor. I slathered some on the fish before cooking and used the rest as a sauce. Yum!

No comments: