July 25, 2008

Class Act

I’m just amazed by the things that can be accomplished in Photoshop and Illustrator. I could, and sometimes do, spend hours staring at the virtual rooms created by my favorite design bloggers in Photoshop. I especially love it when they take a basic sofa or curtains and show them in a different fabric. I want to do that!

And Illustrator? I do not have any drawing skills. I’m pretty much limited to a ruler and pencil. I’d love to be able to design a personal collection of fabrics or paper though. With Illustrator I just might be able to move beyond the sad lines I currently create into something worthy of printing.

Photoshop creation

I decided to stop dreaming about all I might do and actually start doing. This summer I signed up for an evening computer design course. I am simultaneously overwhelmed and blown away by what I’m learning. There is just so much to these programs. It’s going take lots of practice to get good. And I’m up for the challenge. Who knew homework could be so much fun?

No comments: