September 15, 2009

Little Boy Blue

Not long ago I was lamenting my overflowing scrap basket. You know what I’m talking about. It’s that giant container of fabric scraps too good to throw out but not big enough to become projects on their own.

little boy blue quilt

I’ve been playing in that pile of scraps, pulling together various bits to see what they might become. That first pile of scraps I pulled together has become a baby quilt, one I’m calling Little Boy Blue.

little boy blue quilt


It contains fabric bits from Denyse Schmidt, Joel Dewberry, American Jane, and Tanya Whelan all in shades of blue, green, and brown. The design is simple and so is the quilting. It’s finished size measures just 36” x 36”, perfect for a handsome little fellow to play on and someday drag everywhere he goes. At least that’s how I imagine it being loved.

2 comments:

The Nappy Spot said...

A gorgeous quilt! I love its simplicity.

Candice @ Made With Love said...

The quilt is stunning! It's amazing how leftovers/scraps can be morphed into something so beautiful. (Now I just need the courage to make one of my own!) :)