November 1, 2007

Inching closer


Two days until the craft fair and I still have a few things to finish, mostly trims and finishing. Patchwork scarves have emerged from the fabric explosion that is my sewing room (seriously, it's scary down there). For the two pictured, I used blanket weight wool on one side and a selection of cotton and linen prints for the patchwork sides. The wool is heavier than I anticipated so they don't have quite the flow I thought they would. However, they are definitely warm and long enough to wrap yourself up in for those cold days ahead. I used suiting weight wool for some others and they have a much different feel. More pictures to come. It's getting harder to find daylight to take photos as the days grow shorter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, these are quite nice. I am sure with some wear which I am sure they will get plenty of), the wool will soften up...