June 16, 2008

Fresh, simple, delicious

If you’re looking for an easy summer recipe to impress your friends I highly recommend Strawberry-Buttermilk Gelato. To celebrate the end of the oppressive heat and humidity last week (or because I was looking for an excuse to break out my new ice cream maker) I made a batch.

The recipe was a breeze to assemble. I prepared the simple syrup in the morning to allow time to thoroughly chill. That night I just added some fresh strawberries and buttermilk, pureed the mixture, and poured it into the freezer container. Thirty minutes of hands-free churning and chilling later I had a delicious, creamy gelato.

Strawberry-Buttermilk Gelato

Fresh, simple, delicious, it’s my new summer food mantra.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds delightful. I just love making home made frozen treats. I have read a lot of your posts here and just love this blog. Some of your stories remind me of my life growing up. Thanks for that. I look forward to stoping here daily.