February 18, 2009

My Funny Valentine

Now in case you got the wrong idea, I did not forget Little Miss Lou on Valentine’s Day. Tiny embroidered dolls are not her idea of fun though. In fact, for some strange reason, she thought they were socks. In her defense I guess they do (kind of) resemble a pair of rolled up socks. I do think she was relieved when Daddy told her he had given her the wrong wrapped package from the box.

swing, swing smock

More to Little Miss Lou’s liking was the Swing, Swing Smock. In fact, the story goes she immediately put it on and wore it the entire day. Also a big hit were the little notebooks I made her. We must be on the same wavelength because we had the exact same idea as to their purpose. “For menus, you know, when you take orders for playing restaurant.” That girl makes my heart smile.

No comments: