May 24, 2009

Racing stripes

For Tarik
Another baby boy gift, this one for a sweet new cousin in Sarajevo. I was thrilled to be able to make another Oliver & S playsuit using some lovely light weight cotton, I can't remember where I found it. I am pleased to report that I think I have finally mastered the snap tape situation: it's a tricky maneuver on these tiny 0-3 month outfits, I have to say. Since he's a summer baby, I made two lightweight blankets using two of the Heather Ross Kokka prints and super soft flannel.  They are each about a yard square which I think is a very useful size. Finally, I wrapped it all up in a big draw-string bag (another Heather Ross print) and put it in the mail yesterday. Hopefully they will arrive by the time we see the little guy in person in a few weeks.

It was a bit of a relief to finally cut into the fabric that I bought about this time last year, intending to a make a quilt for an entirely different baby. Oops.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very very yummy. I'm loving all your sewn goodies for the kids! Can I ask what are the dimensions for the blankets? The heather ross prints are sooooo cute!

Elise said...

Thank you! The blankets are ~36 inches square.