May 11, 2009

Recipe of the Week

Recipe: Chocolate-Almond Cupcakes with Fluffy Coconut Frosting
Source: Epicurious

chocolate-almond cupcakes with fluffy coconut frosting

Ingredients: *****
I realize that dried coconut is not for everyone but I just love it, especially when it gets together with coconut milk, chocolate and almonds to form a beautiful cupcake. The recipe is overly generous in the amount of coconut called for though. I found one 14-ounce bag to be plenty. (But imagine what could be done with the leftovers! How about coconut cream mini-pies or a gluten-free coconut layer cake? )

Preparation: *****
Baking takes time and this recipe proved no different. It is time well spent though and is mostly unattended baking and cooling time. I did make one change to the preparation. Rather than making twelve jumbo cupcakes I made 30 standard sized cupcakes. That’s a lot of cupcakes even for someone like me who is more than a little cupcake obsessed right now.

chocolate-almond cupcakes with fluffy coconut frosting

Taste: *****
This is a public service announcement. Should you make these, and you should, prepare to eat an alarming number in a very short period of time. Luckily, there were two of us sneaking into the kitchen at various times to have just one more so I have no idea of the actual number consumed by me. And even if I did know, I’d lie. Could they be that good you ask? Oh, yes! They were perfect in every way. They were moist and chocolate-y. They were sweet but not too sweet. They were gorgeous. Do I need to go on? I didn’t think so. Now get in that kitchen and bake.

No comments: