I had very mixed feelings after the first time I made a birdie sling. There were aspects of the construction that bothered me but I ended up loving the resulting bag. Well, love conquers all and I made another.
Secondly, in my copy of the pattern the illustration showing the attachment of the bands to the panels is incorrect. The band is actually shown upside-down which is why on my original bag I spent a lot of time ripping the bands apart. Luckily, I had found the errata on the web before I started this bag. I also pinned like crazy to make sure the band and panel fit well before sewing. And somehow over the last 10 months I managed to improve my skills at attaching three points with a curved line and ended up with 4 gussets that were nearly identical. Pretty impressive!
I don’t know how much time I spent on the bag in total but I know it was less than before. It was mostly little bits here and there over the course of a week or so. I do know I didn't want to throw the entire project out the window like last summer. I think that may be the most impressive part.