May 18, 2009

Recipe of the Week

Recipe: Chicken Tikka Masala
Source: All Recipes

chicken tikka masala

Ingredients: ***
Beware the amount of salt listed in this ingredients! I doubled this recipe and still only used 1 teaspoon of salt in the marinade and only added salt to taste after the chicken and sauce were simmered together at the end. For the entire recipe I may have used 1.5 teaspoons of salt.

Preparation: ****
It’s all really very easy: measuring, mixing, chopping, waiting, “grilling”, and simmering. Living in a condo I have a cute little plug-in grill that dreams of someday being a big stainless steel grill, but until then I improvise. Seeing as I had 6 chopped chicken breasts marinating I decided to avoid all the batches of “grilling” I’d have to do on my baby grill. Instead I broiled all the chicken at once on a big sheet pan. It worked very nicely.

chicken tikka masala

Taste: *****
So delicious! I knew today was going to be a really long day so I made this yesterday afternoon and stored it in a big Pyrex baking dish. All the dudely had to do was slide it in the oven and make some rice for himself and couscous for me. It made for a very elegant end to a long, long day. All that wonderful spice even perked me up enough to walk the very short distance to my sewing machine. That’s got to say something when a delicious dinner energizes you instead of sacks you out on the couch for the rest of the night, right?

No comments: