February 23, 2011

Sold!

Towards the end of last year one of my co-workers came to me and said she wanted to hire my skills, specifically my quilting skills. I laughed and blushed and said, “Oh, shucks.” But she was dead serious. She was ready to talk fabrics and design. I was hooked.

spring paths quilt

And that is how this baby quilt was born. It’s my Path to Pop Garden quilt scaled down to baby size, each final square measuring 7 inches. I worked in a color palette of greens and blue, the only real requirement of my “client”. The fabrics are from Nicey Jane, a line of fabrics I had somehow managed to resist buying up until that point, with a print from Bijoux thrown into the mix; a sunny stripe from Urban Chiks backs it all.

spring paths quilt

Winter has been cruel to New Englanders so I especially love how in the midst of all that swirling snow I was able to create this bit of spring. Can’t you just imagine taking baby outside on that first really warm spring day for some playtime on her quilt? I can. And it warms me through and through.