March 8, 2011

I Heart Coconut

triple coconut pie

Exhibit A: Triple Coconut Pie

It wasn’t until my sister pointed it out to me that I realized just how much I love coconut. We were talking about some baking I had done recently and two out of the three things I mentioned prominently featured coconut. Hmm, I guess she’s right. Any recipe with coconut piques my interest.

classic coconut cake

Exhibit B: Classic Coconut Cake

So it didn't take long after I saw the Classic Coconut Cake recipe in this month’s Bon Appetit before it was sitting in my pretty cake stand. I’ve been slowly working my way through this awesome cake. However, if the dudely has anything to do with it the cake will be gone by tonight. If the slice of cake doesn’t serve at least three people it just isn’t big enough for him. I guess my love for coconut is more like infatuation while his is a true love.

No comments: