April 22, 2011

A Birthday Recap

Birthdays are the best. It’s the one day of the year that belongs completely to you. You get to spend it however you want. And that’s what I did on my recent birthday, exactly what I wanted.

birthday breakfast

It started with a laid back morning on the couch with a stack of interior design books and a breakfast of bagels, cream cheese, and smoked salmon. Oh, and a mimosa, an absolute must on any birthday.

birthday lunch

From there it was a Mediterranean inspired salad with roasted shrimp, peppers, cucumbers, olives and feta before I headed out for a massage and facial.

man looking out window

A quick stop at home after the spa gave just enough time to change into my party clothes for a night on the town. We started the evening with some browsing time at the ICA, the first time either of us had visited that museum. I’m not sure it was really my kind of art but I’m glad we gave it a try.

birthday dinner

As if the day couldn’t get any better we walked the few short blocks to Drink, my favorite cocktail bar, for a pre-dinner libation. And dinner, holy cow, was at Menton. We dined from the 4 course menu but with all the wonderful offerings they seamlessly deliver to your table between courses it was more like 8 or 9 courses. After 3 hours of fine dining we were stuffed and completely satisfied. I fell asleep on the ride back home and by the time we got there it was no longer my birthday, which is exactly when you should get home from a birthday celebration.

It was the best birthday yet.

No comments: