December 8, 2008

These booties were made for wriggling

scale
Behold, installments #3 and #4 in the "after dinner knitting so that I can justify not painting the basement" series of baby booties using this pattern from Knitting for Baby. See here and here for earlier work. I was delighted that each pair required exactly one skein of this yummy Italian cotton. I never know what to do with those few yards of leftover yarn from a project other than save it to use instead of ribbon when wrapping gifts.
candy
These are already warming the toes of a certain newborn. I experimented with a braided cord instead of the knitted i-cord and really like how it turned out. Just a little daintier, in my opinion.
citrus

These are on deck, waiting for the next new arrival. I've already selected yarn for my next two pair. It's an addiction, I tell you.

No comments: