March 21, 2009

Recipes of the Week

Here's a confession. I didn't actually make a new recipe last weekend. Why? I was busy working on no. 9 on my list. But that doesn't mean I haven't been trying an extra recipe here or there to share with you. It does, however, mean that there are no pictures since these were tried late on a weeknight when no hint of natural light could be found.

Wow! These were quite a surprise. Moist and delicious. If there are leftovers you'll be fighting over who gets them for lunch the next day. I have only one suggestion, make extra panko/coconut mixture or your last piece of chicken might be a bit under-dressed.
Another better than expected recipe. The whole wheat flour was not too heavy in the pancakes so they remained light and fluffy, just like a pancake should. Because I never have buttermilk in the house I used the old lemon juice + milk trick. The lemon also helped give a light, fresh flavor. If you happen to have some blueberries around I'd throw some in. Blueberries and lemon are the perfect partners.

No comments: