July 4, 2008

Ambitious

It's a three day weekend in the US, but in need of a longer break I'm making mine a four day weekend. I've got lots of plans for my four days. They may be ambitious: I'd like to complete four projects in four days.

I plan to make the sun hat and yoga tote from Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing. These projects have been sitting on my personal sewing wish list for over a year so it is time to make them a reality. Next on my list is my very own big beyond belief birdie sling. Before summer is over I'm going to need my perfect summer carry-all. My fourth project will be a simple (I hope) A-line skirt from the Barcelona pattern. No shorts for me. Skirts are the way to go.

It will not be all work and no play, however. I plan to work in plenty of pure relaxation. There is a pedicure in the works. There is a stack of books that need my attention. There is a barbeque to attend. There are long walks to be had. Hopefully the weather will even cooperate long enough so we can sneak in our postponed Portland day trip.

(image from marthastewart.com)

I hope your Fourth of July weekend holds as much promise of work, of the fun variety, and great relaxation, too.

No comments: